Pool Build - Phoenix - what am I missing?

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone - we're hoping to get a pool and hot tub combo built in sunny Phoenix, AZ - and we really need it this time of year! Here's the best quote so far for our play pool. Please let me know what we might be missing and I'll also try and get some of the design photos up :eek:

34'x14' pool
7'x7' hot tub (attached - in corner of pool)
96' perimeter
12,330 gallons
3'-5' depths
Pentair Rebel automatic pool vacuum
2" dedicated pool vac line with vac lock
SDX Dual Main Drain System
Pool Skimmer
Paralevel Automatic water leveler
Giant aerator
Pentair Intelliflo VS 3050 Filter Pump
320 sq ft Pentair clean & clear cartridge filter
400K BTU Pentair Mater Temp Heater (gas)
4 Twirlybyrd Therapy Jets, Air Blower & 25' Spa Run w/ 2 1/2" suction
Pentair Intellibrite 5G color changing LED pool light
Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED Spa light
4' Sheer waterfall
18" tall deco wall with tile fascia, trav cap, stucco back
2x2x2' columns w/cap & stone fascia on either side of wall
12x16" tumbled silver trav coping
pebble brilliance vivid shores interior (pool & spa)

Total costs about $41,670 including tax

Thanks so much for your feedback!! -Sarah

Toelle 34 x14_001.jpg
Toelle 34 x14_002.jpg

Pretty :) I'm having a 34x16 dive pool built in Peoria, AZ myself, but I have no spa, and went with in floor cleaners and SWG. Looking forward to following more fellow Arizonians builds! If you get a chance, check out other builders in the area and grab more bids. Caribbean Pools, Dolphin Pools, and Presidential are some I would recommend seeing (many members here have used them). Pool build season is in full swing, so ask how long they'll take to actually build your pool :p I signed back in March and my PB just started digging a week or so ago.

We are used to just handling chlorination with just tabs and shock - are there better options?

- - - Updated - - -

We eliminated the tanning shelf to get more pool area - we had one in our first pool and nobody in my family used it!

- - - Updated - - -

SWG? Sorry I'm a newbie! Great idea to ask about when it will start and wrap up! We got bids from Caribbean and Presidential, but preferred Pentair and Pebbletec products which one or the other didn't have, respectively. Btw, the pool builder just took another $1,500 off the price! Yah!

We are used to just handling chlorination with just tabs and shock - are there better options?

- - - Updated - - -

We eliminated the tanning shelf to get more pool area - we had one in our first pool and nobody in my family used it!

- - - Updated - - -

SWG? Sorry I'm a newbie! Great idea to ask about when it will start and wrap up! We got bids from Caribbean and Presidential, but preferred Pentair and Pebbletec products which one or the other didn't have, respectively. Btw, the pool builder just took another $1,500 off the price! Yah!

Sorry, I should have specified, SWG = Salt Water Generator, which is a Salt Water Chlorine Generator. It's a different way to chlorinate your pool without using tablets. Info here: Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Definitely read up about it there and the rest of pool school like jblizzle suggests :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.