Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Build - Phoenix - what am I missing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Pool Build - Phoenix - what am I missing?

Hi everyone - we're hoping to get a pool and hot tub combo built in sunny Phoenix, AZ - and we really need it this time of year! Here's the best quote so far for our play pool. Please let me know what we might be missing and I'll also try and get some of the design photos up

34'x14' pool
    7'x7' hot tub (attached - in corner of pool)
    96' perimeter
    12,330 gallons
    3'-5' depths
    Pentair Rebel automatic pool vacuum
    2" dedicated pool vac line with vac lock
    SDX Dual Main Drain System
    Pool Skimmer
    Paralevel Automatic water leveler
    Giant aerator
    Pentair Intelliflo VS 3050 Filter Pump
    320 sq ft Pentair clean & clear cartridge filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mater Temp Heater (gas)
    4 Twirlybyrd Therapy Jets, Air Blower & 25' Spa Run w/ 2 1/2" suction
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G color changing LED pool light
    Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED Spa light
    4' Sheer waterfall
    18" tall deco wall with tile fascia, trav cap, stucco back
    2x2x2' columns w/cap & stone fascia on either side of wall
    12x16" tumbled silver trav coping
    pebble brilliance vivid shores interior (pool & spa)

Total costs about $41,670 including tax

Thanks so much for your feedback!! -Sarah

Toelle 34 x14_001.jpg
    Toelle 34 x14_002.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Build - Phoenix - what am I missing?

Welcome to TFP!!!

How are you going to chlorinate?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

tanning shelf?

4. Back To Top    #4

Pretty I'm having a 34x16 dive pool built in Peoria, AZ myself, but I have no spa, and went with in floor cleaners and SWG. Looking forward to following more fellow Arizonians builds! If you get a chance, check out other builders in the area and grab more bids. Caribbean Pools, Dolphin Pools, and Presidential are some I would recommend seeing (many members here have used them). Pool build season is in full swing, so ask how long they'll take to actually build your pool :P I signed back in March and my PB just started digging a week or so ago.
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

5. Back To Top    #5

We are used to just handling chlorination with just tabs and shock - are there better options?

- - - Updated - - -

We eliminated the tanning shelf to get more pool area - we had one in our first pool and nobody in my family used it!

- - - Updated - - -

SWG? Sorry I'm a newbie! Great idea to ask about when it will start and wrap up! We got bids from Caribbean and Presidential, but preferred Pentair and Pebbletec products which one or the other didn't have, respectively. Btw, the pool builder just took another $1,500 off the price! Yah!

6. Back To Top    #6

In AZ, you can absolutely NOT just use tablets and "shock" (whatever you mean by that) ... unless you plan to dump and replace a LOT of water every year.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by stoelle View Post
    We are used to just handling chlorination with just tabs and shock - are there better options?

- - - Updated - - -

We eliminated the tanning shelf to get more pool area - we had one in our first pool and nobody in my family used it!

- - - Updated - - -

SWG? Sorry I'm a newbie! Great idea to ask about when it will start and wrap up! We got bids from Caribbean and Presidential, but preferred Pentair and Pebbletec products which one or the other didn't have, respectively. Btw, the pool builder just took another $1,500 off the price! Yah!

Sorry, I should have specified, SWG = Salt Water Generator, which is a Salt Water Chlorine Generator. It's a different way to chlorinate your pool without using tablets. Info here: Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Definitely read up about it there and the rest of pool school like jblizzle suggests
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.