Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diy vinyl liner inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Diy vinyl liner inground pool

Hi folks, I've been perusing the forums for a couple of months as we have been debating, deciding, wishing and hoping for our own inground pool. If anyone has any experience with DIY vinyl liner inground pools, I'd love to hear some recommendations on kits (steel vs polymer), pool size/shape for diy and companies that would be good to work with and for a diy husband and wife team. Basically any helpful info on sit kit installs. TIA!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diy vinyl liner inground pool

Welcome to TFP Good to have you here

I'm no help, but you can try the search box (upper right of this page near the top). I used... DIY vinyl inground

Click through and read a few threads and you'll hear some good experience. There's some recent ones, and older ones are fine because this stuff doesn't change all that fast.
    Is jy New Jersey? If so, NJ might help attract good advice. Plus my answer will give you a bump
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

I built my own pool. It took a lot of time, but not to terrible to do. It's the old, "how do you eat an elephant?...one bite at a time".

I went with Royal Swimming Pools for the kit. William in tech support was AWESOME! He walked me through the tough parts and was really generous with his time answering any and all questions. I assume your location is Farmington, NY (not Farmington, jy). With frost, steel walls are more durable than poly. PM me and we can talk on the phone and I will share all of my thoughts. Here is my introduction with pool pics
    29,000 gallon vinyl liner custom designed lagoon style in-ground pool (self-built 2015-2016), Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump (140K BTU), Hayward Pro Grid DE DE6020 Filter with Fiber Clear, Hayward Tiger Shark, 2 Hayward Color-Logic LED lights, Stenner 45MPHP10
    370 gallon Jacuzzi J-345 spa with ClearRay UV

4. Back To Top    #4

Farmington Kentucky! Where is hot and humid, and right in the middle of tobacco growing country! My husband and I live in a farm with our 3 boys. And an inground pool has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for the responses, I've heavily looked at royal swimming pool kits and watched a lot of their videos. I will check out the diy install yall sent. Thanks!