Pool Chemistry Conflict TF-100 vs. pool store

Jul 14, 2014
New York
Hi,

I am getting consistant differences with my TF-100 and the local pool store (they assure me fresh Taylor test chemicals). I am doing lots of tests as I am in the process of adding salt for a Pentair IC40 install next week.

My TF-100 Reading:
CL-5
PH-7.2 (I have added dry acid twice in the past week to bring it down)
FC-7
CC-0
CH-275
TA-90

Pool store readings:
FC-5 (they don't do the drop test)
PH-7.8
CH-175
TA-100 (close)
Salt - 2000 (after 6/45lb bags of salt) - I plan to add 3 more which should bring me close to 3400

I bought my TF-100 last year so all the chemicals should be good, only difference is 15 minutes of sitting in the bottle. Any thoughts?

+1 to JVTrain. I tried five pool stores with same water to compare and they were all different. I also noticed they use a tray of water to rinse their test blocks and don't change the water. They do CYA with a tablet, their FC doesn't read more than 5, etc. etc.

Much the same experience. pH OK, TA 2nd best, the rest all hit and miss

Hi,

I am getting consistant differences with my TF-100 and the local pool store (they assure me fresh Taylor test chemicals).
No you're not. The easiest solution is to stop getting your water tested at the pool store. Why get your water tested by a stranger if you have the Cadillac of testing kits and you are intimately familiar with the person (yourself) doing the testing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.