question on liner issue

I replaced my liner on my above ground pool at the beginning of last summer. We have had the pool for 8 summers and I was tired of refilling the pool from water draining out over the winter. This May I opened up pool and water was again down to a 1/3 of the pool and spent a day refilling with a garden hose. I was disgusted because between new liner and installation it cost me about $600. As a note my neighbor across the street has the exact same pool bought the same replacement liner used the same installer and his pool water level was the same as when he closed it last fall. As of now the pool level water is fine. My question is come the fall or now what can I look for leaks. I don't see any with the naked eye. Any advice or just deal with filling the pool back up every spring. The leak or leak is not impacting levels now but over the course of a long fall/winter it does.

thank you

AGP Vinly Liner 18 Ft Round
Proline Cartridge Filter
7600 gallons

Do you have a solid cover? Because if you do and you let water accumulate on top of it, that rain water presses down on the cover and raises the water in the pool to spill out the return. That is where you are losing your water from.

As far as your neighbor goes, if he's using a mesh cover, all that rain water is going back into his pool. If he's not using a mesh cover, maybe he's draining the water off his pool more than you are? But what you are experiencing is normal for someone who winterizes their pool for months. I deal with it every year.

It would help if you add your general location to your profile so we know where you're from.

Thank you for the reply. I live in New Jersey. I do use a solid cover. I disconnect everything and plug return and intake as well as skimmer opening. I am diligent on pumping water off cover. I was even out in middle of winter clearing off snow and ice right after big blizzard we had in January. My neighbor has same cover. I know it's perplexing.

My dad messes with those plugs to save trucked in water and he has to truck in water every single year that he's had the pool since 2011. My brother also plays with those gadgets and he's had to replace water too. Me? I don't mess with it. I just fill the pool back up. I lose a foot below the return every single year. It's normal loss in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.