Installing Circupool SWG - have a couple of questions

Jul 12, 2015
Winterport, Maine
When the pool store set up my pool on Saturday, they installed the cell portion for us and my husband is doing the electrical right now. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've been trying to include a photo but it just tells me the file is too large so I'll try to explain how we have it set up: My husband mounted a wooden panel on a couple of two by fours and he has the electrical box mounted to the front of that. On the back side, he has a couple of metal brackets and the cell unit is sitting on that. I will try to get a photo that will post if you need one but does this sound ok? Is the electrical box waterproof or does it need covered housing?

Also, we were advised to run our pump for ten hours/day and the pump and SWG will be on the same timer. Should we start the SWG at 100% for those ten hours at first and see how that maintains the chlorine or should we run it at a lesser percentage to start?

I think that's it for now. Thanks in advance for your help!

Lori

Have you already added the salt to your water and let it dissolve for a day or more? That's the first step before turning it on.

Then bring your FC level up to your desired level using *bleach*....then just turn the SWG on and let it *maintain* your level. They work too slowly (yet steady) to bring a pool up to FC level before risking an algae outbreak.

You can play with the pump run time and SWG. 10 hours per day at 50% is the same as running 5 hours a day at 100%. I like to keep my pool moving (and skimming the surface) so run long but at low 20%. I suggest if your FC is right with bleach, start out at 6 hours at 50% and then tweak it based on your testing results and how much electricity you want to expend to get the needed amount of chlorine.

Oh yes, the salt has been in there for a few days now (3500) and the FC is where I want it, too (5). We turned it all on and set it at 70%, which is what the manual suggested (I had checked that before but missed it). Our pool in an a open area away from trees and I'm pretty much the only one swimming in it so it shouldn't need to run much to stay clean - keeping the FC in check will be the main focus, I guess, but I've never had a pool before so I do want to make sure we're doing things correctly! So ten hours at 70% is probably overkill, huh? How long before I'll see either a raise or drop in chlorine so I know if it's maintaining or not?

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.