Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl IG-Pool depth charge?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl IG-Pool depth charge?

For those with Vinyl IG pools--did your builder charge more for going to an 8ft depth? Our builder will only go to 6'6" unless we pay more. If we want to go to 8" he charges $3600 more! He says it requires different, specific dig equipment to build an 8' deep pool vs a 6' deep pool. Anyone hear of this before? The other builders we had met with hadn't mentioned this to us so I wanted to hear others experiences. Thanks!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl IG-Pool depth charge?

Could be his excavator won't reach that deep and he would either have to rent a machine or sub it out? Just a guess though.
    My build 12000 gal AG (15x26x54"), Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed Ultra Pro pump, Hayward CC150CAN XStream Cartridge Filter, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Vinyl IG-Pool depth charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate74 View Post
    Could be his excavator won't reach that deep and he would either have to rent a machine or sub it out? Just a guess though.
    Given that he has a specific maximum depth I agree with this. Other builders most likely have larger equipment and so don't need to rent/sub deeper pools.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits