Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Logic T-cell 16

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Logic T-cell 16

HI there, we've been having issues with error codes, High Salt Amps. we bought (2) replacement t-cell 15's for our pool. One was a "replacement", not the original brand, the other was a Hayward. I read a lot of reviews about the K1 relay and my husband re-soldered that. That seemed to fix the High Salt error. Now we are getting Low salt and the generator wont stay on, and that's with trying both new cells. The water tests have been right in zone between 3000-3300. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be? It's been getting pricey after buying (2) new cells and we're hoping its something we can do without needing a new board.

Thanks

Djstaz
    Gunite pool / 22,000 gal./ solar panels / waterfall-slide / (2) 2HP pumps/ Aqua Logic AQL-PS 16 system

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Aqua Logic T-cell 16

Welcome to TFP

Most SWG read salt on the low side, try taking your salt level to 3500 and see and then 3700 if that does not work... Some SWG are just picky... I do believe the T15 like about 35/3600 salt level
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply, we were just afraid that it might burn out that k1 relay again. The system is only reading 2200 and we know the pool is between 3000 to 3300. At this rate anything is worth a try.
    Gunite pool / 22,000 gal./ solar panels / waterfall-slide / (2) 2HP pumps/ Aqua Logic AQL-PS 16 system

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

a salt reading of 2200 is way low, I don't know if the SWG will pick up a real salt reading of 3700, it would still only think it is 2700 and that is still low...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Please post all the diagnostic numbers.

Do you have a pool store nearby that can check the cells? Most Leslie's have a cell check station.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, Ping, I did contact a Leslie's pool store and they do test the cells. I would hate to think that (2) brand new cells would be bad, but I guess it is possible. I'll have to post numbers when I get home tonight. Thanks !