Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oh NO !!!! First time mistake

1. Back To Top    #1

Oh NO !!!! First time mistake

Well, I installed a Hayward SWG last month and just had it to the point where the FC was dead on 3 ppm day in and day out. So I started measuring FC less frequently (every 3 days). I had a leak in the PVC pipe and temporarily took everything apart to fix the leak. Then after 3 days, I had a green pool bottom. I forgot to plug in the Hayward flow indicator and the SWG won't produce Cl without a flow reading.

ARGH !!!!

I just vacuumed and brushed and spiked it to 24 ppm FC with 60 CYA. And put DE in the sand filter. Looks a little better today, but still cloudy.

ARGH
    24' Round 14000 gal AG - installed June 2, 2015
    Saltwater Hayward AquaRite w/TCell - 9
    Waterway 26" sand filter w/ 2HP 2 speed pump
    Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oh NO !!!! First time mistake

Just remember that any time your pool is not circulating and producing enough FC you can manually add liquid chlorine (aka "bleach") and mix it in to keep the water sanitized.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

with your test kit and knowing what to do its not a mistake, its a learning moment
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Just remember that any time your pool is not circulating and producing enough FC you can manually add liquid chlorine (aka "bleach") and mix it in to keep the water sanitized.
    Yep... That's what I did.....SLAMMED it with bleach. I didn't know it wasn't producing FC---that was the problem. When I was manually adding, I measured every day
    24' Round 14000 gal AG - installed June 2, 2015
    Saltwater Hayward AquaRite w/TCell - 9
    Waterway 26" sand filter w/ 2HP 2 speed pump
    Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD Test kit