Can someone please tell me what valve this is and if it should be on or off?

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
Hi,
My pool is still filling with new water (got a new liner). Never ran the pool before. Before I start the pump and run it, where should the position of the red valve on the left side (filter height) be? It is currently on the off position..What is this for? Thanks,

jQ7ouZn.jpg

My guess is the opposite. I think the backwash line comes out the back of the multi-port. It really can't be a backwash as water coming out of the multiport can go back into the pool without a second valve on the pipe to the left if it was that.

I think that's a second return line going somewhere.... Waterfall, sheer decent, spa???

My guess is the opposite. I think the backwash line comes out the back of the multi-port. It really can't be a backwash as water coming out of the multiport can go back into the pool without a second valve on the pipe to the left if it was that.

I think that's a second return line going somewhere.... Waterfall, sheer decent, spa???

hey, the pool has no waterfalls , spa or anything . Lol

its really confusing. I guess I should just leave it off?

I would leave it off at first and see if all returns are working. Then the curious side of me would require turning it on and seeing if something changes of water starts squirting out somewhere. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.