Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ptrang1

1. Back To Top    #1

West Grove, PA

I seem to have an issue with my in ground pool, most of you probably deal with this but I am not a whizz at pool chemistry.
    The pool water and pool look great, it is in direct sunlight, I am registering zero chlorine from the testing at local pool store.
    The pool is vinyl, 23,500 gallons. It uses a DE filter. The reps at the store tell me I need to add 36 gallons of liquid chlorine to break out of this issue with FC vs. TC
    Can anyone corroborate this information. If you need more details I can provide them.
    I have an in ground pool containing approximately 23,500 gallons with vinyl liner. I use DE filter with inline chlorinator and variable speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grand Rapids, MI

Re: ptrang1

Welcome to TFP!
    You're in the right place to become your own pool wizard

Pool stores are notorious for idiotic suggestions like the one they gave you (don't do it - you may need to SLAM but in a CONTROLLED fashion, not nuclear war) and equally bad at testing.

So first, get your own test kit - a TFT100 or Taylor K2006 (these are the only two with the cya test you need to get started) from and then start out by reading ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry while you wait for your kit to arrive.

Once you post verifiable test results, we can help you sort out what's going on.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains