ptrang1

Jun 22, 2016
West Grove, PA
I seem to have an issue with my in ground pool, most of you probably deal with this but I am not a whizz at pool chemistry.
The pool water and pool look great, it is in direct sunlight, I am registering zero chlorine from the testing at local pool store.
The pool is vinyl, 23,500 gallons. It uses a DE filter. The reps at the store tell me I need to add 36 gallons of liquid chlorine to break out of this issue with FC vs. TC
Can anyone corroborate this information. If you need more details I can provide them.
Thanks

Welcome to TFP!
You're in the right place to become your own pool wizard ;)

Pool stores are notorious for idiotic suggestions like the one they gave you (don't do it - you may need to SLAM Process but in a CONTROLLED fashion, not nuclear war) and equally bad at testing.

So first, get your own test kit - a TFT100 or Taylor K2006 (these are the only two with the cya test you need to get started) from TFTestkits.net and then start out by reading ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry while you wait for your kit to arrive.

Once you post verifiable test results, we can help you sort out what's going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.