TF100 Test Kit Question

Jun 14, 2016
Orlando, FL
So while testing my chemistry this morning I noticed something weird. There is a cylinder marked chlorine only. When I fill it to 10ml and then pour it directly into a different cylinder (from Taylor) it reads higher than 10ml. So I then decided to test the chlorine in both cylinders filing each up to the 10ml mark and it yeilded slightly different results +\- .5.... Which one should I believe?

I filled up my cylinders from the TFT test kit to 10 ml and poured it into two other cylinders (not related to test kits) and it was in deed 10 ml. But when I poured it into the cylinder that came with my speedstir it was less than 10 ml. I am not going to use that speed stir cylinder any longer.

Make sure the bottom of the water meniscus is at the fill line. If the diameter is different it may curve differently. Also make sure to put the Speedstir magnet in after you fill to the line. Just going back to college chemistry from 30 years ago :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.