Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 Test Kit Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Orlando, FL

TF100 Test Kit Question

So while testing my chemistry this morning I noticed something weird. There is a cylinder marked chlorine only. When I fill it to 10ml and then pour it directly into a different cylinder (from Taylor) it reads higher than 10ml. So I then decided to test the chlorine in both cylinders filing each up to the 10ml mark and it yeilded slightly different results +\- .5.... Which one should I believe?
    13,000 gallon / In Ground / Gunite with pebble finish / 2 speed Hayward Pump / Hayward C1750 cartridge filter / SGS Breeze 540 Chlorine Generator (40k gallon) / Pool 100% sunlight no cage

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: TF100 Test Kit Question

Well, the precision of the test is .5 ppm. That means that is about as close as Taylor says you can get.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I filled up my cylinders from the TFT test kit to 10 ml and poured it into two other cylinders (not related to test kits) and it was in deed 10 ml. But when I poured it into the cylinder that came with my speedstir it was less than 10 ml. I am not going to use that speed stir cylinder any longer.
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure the bottom of the water meniscus is at the fill line. If the diameter is different it may curve differently. Also make sure to put the Speedstir magnet in after you fill to the line. Just going back to college chemistry from 30 years ago
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System