Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buac to chlorine conversion

1. Back To Top    #1

Buac to chlorine conversion

Hello everyone, I am just get started on the Bauc conversion to chlorine, I have started it a few days ago and so far I have used roughly 10 gallons of 10% Chlorine from Walmart, Iam getting alot of gooy clumps floating now. How do I determine when my free chlorine level is at 15, when the vial reads from .3-3.0? my test kit is a Pentair Rainbow 78 - 5 way test kit, also I can't keep my PH up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    22000 gal 18x36 IG vinyl, Northwest Ohio

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buac to chlorine conversion

Its near impossible if you don't have the proper test kit. Go ahead and order the TF-100 tonight from TFTestkits.net They'll ship it out pronto and you'll have the important FAS-DPD test for FC up to 50ppm.

You should have it in days if you get right on it. Toss in a Speed Stir device which makes the testing quite a bit faster and....kinda cool

Yip
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Buac to chlorine conversion

Ok, i will get one coming, thanks for now
    22000 gal 18x36 IG vinyl, Northwest Ohio