Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buac to chlorine conversion

1. Back To Top    #1

Buac to chlorine conversion

Hello everyone, I am just get started on the Bauc conversion to chlorine, I have started it a few days ago and so far I have used roughly 10 gallons of 10% Chlorine from Walmart, Iam getting alot of gooy clumps floating now. How do I determine when my free chlorine level is at 15, when the vial reads from .3-3.0? my test kit is a Pentair Rainbow 78 - 5 way test kit, also I can't keep my PH up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    22000 gal 18x36 IG vinyl, Northwest Ohio

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buac to chlorine conversion

Its near impossible if you don't have the proper test kit. Go ahead and order the TF-100 tonight from TFTestkits.net They'll ship it out pronto and you'll have the important FAS-DPD test for FC up to 50ppm.

You should have it in days if you get right on it. Toss in a Speed Stir device which makes the testing quite a bit faster and....kinda cool

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Buac to chlorine conversion

Ok, i will get one coming, thanks for now
    22000 gal 18x36 IG vinyl, Northwest Ohio