water shooting out of sand filter

I guess I need to explain my situation. Husband has always done the pool equipment & left me for another woman. On my own trying to figure this all out. Pool was built in 2009 & he didn't tell me when he left the SWG was not working & had been using chlorinate tablets. The hot tub is also not heating. Sand has fever been changed so my daughter & I changed the sand last night. We put the top back on and water is seeping from around the top when the pump is on. We backwashed after putting everything back together & thats when water was shooting out. Then we noticed the water seeping. Turned everything off and this morning when the pump normally comes on there was no water flowing over the hot tub into the pool. I have turned everything off & am just stumped. Way too much stress to deal with all at one time. But trying to get my pool running for my grand babies. Sorry for all the info - just a dummy trying to learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.