Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use the Magic Eraser to remove stains!

1. Back To Top    #1

Use the Magic Eraser to remove stains!

We have had our pool for about 5 years now and the stains on the liner and steps have become really gross. Black rings around the steps and every portion of the liner that was once white is now black. I never purchased any of the stain removers because they cost so much and I just kept putting it off. This year for some reason I had the bright idea to use the Magic Eraser (made by Mr. Clean) to see if that removed the stains. Well it not only removed the stains, but made everything look brand new! I couldn't believe how great it works! I didn't even need to scrub that hard, it just took all the dirt right off. Steps are bright white again and the liner looks new!

I highly recommend everyone try this instead of spending so much on stain removers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Orange Park, FL

Re: Use the Magic Eraser to remove stains!

Yes, it works very well. I posted a similar inquiry about a month ago. Board experts informed me that magic eraser will scratch the liner so use care.
    15x30 IG vinyl liner pool, pool cage
    Hayward S-220T high rate sand filter and Hayward super pump w/1hp motor
    Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG
    Polaris 380 cleaner and booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

It really only scratches if you really scrub hard in one place, and the scratches aren't usually very visible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

It will also take the color out of the liner if you use in one place for too long.
    10,000 gallon in ground vinyl liner pool. 1 HP AO Smith Corp motor 3450 rpm, Nautilus Pac Fab Filter DE. Raypak Gas Heater.