Helping neighbor become a Trouble Free Pool owner...

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
And after draining the pool by half I got the pool form 120 CYA to 60 and CH from 440 to 360...then I had pH of 7.6 after shocking for two days. Then rechecked FC was 7...target 5 to 9 ppm. And oH was still 7.6. TA was 110.

A week later the the pH is 8.2 or higher, and TA went to 220 ppm.

First why...i need to understand that, and then pH down to 7 to 7.2 then aerate back up to normal pH?

I really want to know what caused this. As I wonder is it from bringing shock level up to 32ppm and holding it there? If that's the case will it go down over time.

30 x 12 in ground fiberglass pool.
Numbers tonight were
FC 10 ppm,
CC 0
PH 8.2 or higher
TA 220
CYA 60

Any thoughts

What test kit are you suing to gt these results? What chemicals have been added to the water? How does the water look?

Brand new tf100...water is crystal clear. Better than it's ever been. They'd been using tri Chloe pucks for years and I drained down 1/2 the water last the previous weekend, refilled, balanced, tested then shocked...things were fine a week ago. She's added chlorine and last night FC was 10 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.