Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Helping neighbor become a Trouble Free Pool owner...

1. Back To Top    #1

Helping neighbor become a Trouble Free Pool owner...

And after draining the pool by half I got the pool form 120 CYA to 60 and CH from 440 to 360...then I had pH of 7.6 after shocking for two days. Then rechecked FC was 7...target 5 to 9 ppm. And oH was still 7.6. TA was 110.

A week later the the pH is 8.2 or higher, and TA went to 220 ppm.

First why...i need to understand that, and then pH down to 7 to 7.2 then aerate back up to normal pH?

I really want to know what caused this. As I wonder is it from bringing shock level up to 32ppm and holding it there? If that's the case will it go down over time.

30 x 12 in ground fiberglass pool.
    Numbers tonight were
    FC 10 ppm,
    CC 0
    PH 8.2 or higher
    TA 220
    CYA 60

Any thoughts
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Helping neighbor become a Trouble Free Pool owner...

What test kit are you suing to gt these results? What chemicals have been added to the water? How does the water look?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Helping neighbor become a Trouble Free Pool owner...

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    What test kit are you suing to gt these results? What chemicals have been added to the water? How does the water look?
    Brand new tf100...water is crystal clear. Better than it's ever been. They'd been using tri Chloe pucks for years and I drained down 1/2 the water last the previous weekend, refilled, balanced, tested then shocked...things were fine a week ago. She's added chlorine and last night FC was 10 ppm.