Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy here. My first Intex setup 18 foot

1. Back To Top    #1

New guy here. My first Intex setup 18 foot

Been doing a lot of diging here got the base ground compacted, bricks in place, and now for some sand to fill it all in and a inch or so of mortar sand to finish it all off. Maybe I can be swimming by the 4th of July

image.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New guy here. My first Intex setup 18 foot

Welcome!

Looks great!

How do you plan to test & chlorinate?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would love to go with a salt water system. I have a intex 3000 gal sand filter that I just got. I got the pool last summer for 100 bucks and it was used for 1 summer., so I don't have a lot of money tied up in it yet.

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent, off to a great start! I am sure you will have lot of fun come July 4th.
    Get you PH and Alkalinity levels in the right direction, then get some liquid chlorine or bleach into it to get things started. It will much simpler to maintain the levels once you get the proper test kit, but that will take a good week to get. But no reason to not get things started now. If you do not have a local place that sells the kit, then you have to order it, and that is a wait for it item then. It will all come together in the end, enjoy!
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.