My PB just started an Acid Bath (probably around 4 to 6 gallons in my 7600g pool; my wife saw him add it but we didn't get a full count) and the PH dropped to 3.2 (according to my PH meter). How do I test if TA is zero? I have the TF 100 and as soon as I add the "green" reagent R-0008 which usually turns the color to green it immediately turns red. Does this mean my TA is zero?
1) Do I test the CH to see if the calcium starts to rise (due to plaster being eaten)? PH seems to be rising slightly (after 24 hours up to 3.5 in the pool and 4.0 in the spa).
2) Will I expect to see plaster dust or is this completely dissolved by the acid? It's been 24 hours and I don't see any plaster dust.
3) I have the pump/filter turned off but there is some small debris at the bottom of the pool. Should I get a net at the pool store to pick that up? Will it damage anything? The plaster lead was supposed to come by with a pump to circulate the acid but hasn't been here after 24 hours of the bath.
4) When do I worry about chlorine (the girl at the pool store said I still needed it but with water that's vinegar I don't think anything will grow)? I still have not added any chlorine (was going to wait for the Acid bath to be complete)
5) As I have been brushing very little appears to be happening (steel brush and I'm working it like crazy!). Is that normal? This was unlike when the pool was filled and I would brush and see nice plumes of dust that I swept to the drains.
6) Do I want to only focus on the white even though this is to expose the aggregate?
Sorry for all the questions but I wanted to ask the experts. A lot of the streaking I see right now (which is of some concern) is clearly visible in photos that I have just after the plaster was finished and before the fill.