So...long story short, with water temps of 88-90F, the pool got away from me and the water clouded up. I shocked (12.5% bleach), but I screwed up the testing (TFT-100) and overshot by a lot. According to Pool School, with a CYA of 26, I was targeting about 16ppm FC. I hit 40 FC. Oops.
The good news is, the algae is clearing up very quickly, my OCLT last evening was about 1ppm, and CC was less than 1ppm. Hard to tell with FC that high, but definitely on the right track.
My question is, am I causing any problems with FC that high? It is at 34 twelve hours later with some sun exposure, fountains, and Badu jet circulation. Do I need to bring it down faster, or can I just let it buck?