Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC is way above the recommendation. Is this a problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

FC is way above the recommendation. Is this a problem?

So...long story short, with water temps of 88-90F, the pool got away from me and the water clouded up. I shocked (12.5% bleach), but I screwed up the testing (TFT-100) and overshot by a lot. According to Pool School, with a CYA of 26, I was targeting about 16ppm FC. I hit 40 FC. Oops.

The good news is, the algae is clearing up very quickly, my OCLT last evening was about 1ppm, and CC was less than 1ppm. Hard to tell with FC that high, but definitely on the right track.

My question is, am I causing any problems with FC that high? It is at 34 twelve hours later with some sun exposure, fountains, and Badu jet circulation. Do I need to bring it down faster, or can I just let it buck?

Thanks!
    11,400 gallon IG Vinyl liner pool 34' x 14' - 2 skimmers, 2 bottom drains, 3 LED RGB lights, 3 fountains
    Pump: Pentair 1HP and Badu Dual Jet 4.5HP - Filter: Pentair System 3 Sand filter
    Heater: Rheem 206K BTU - Test Kits: LaMotte ColorQ 7 and TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC is way above the recommendation. Is this a problem?

Just let it come down on its own, you will be fine.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FC is way above the recommendation. Is this a problem?

Whew. I appreciate the reassurance! Cheers.
    11,400 gallon IG Vinyl liner pool 34' x 14' - 2 skimmers, 2 bottom drains, 3 LED RGB lights, 3 fountains
    Pump: Pentair 1HP and Badu Dual Jet 4.5HP - Filter: Pentair System 3 Sand filter
    Heater: Rheem 206K BTU - Test Kits: LaMotte ColorQ 7 and TF-100