Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Feeling Successfull

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Oklahoma

Feeling Successfull

I take my pool water in and have it ready by a machine today.. Cost $5.00 if you don't buy chemicals, feel it is worth it since I don't have a test kit yet..

FC .39. Low so I put in recommended amount of bleach.
    pH 7 added borax
    TA 109
    CH 346
    CyA 53

Original filled pool from city water where my TA was extremely high. Took 4 gallons of muriatic acid to bring it down so that is why pH is out of wack. Hopefully SWG can keep clorine levels stable now.
    May/2016 AGP Coleman 22x52 vinyl, 11k gallons, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 3000 GPH, Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669, PoolBlaster Max, TF-100

Run pump 24/7, SWG 8hrs pm hours.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Feeling Successfull

Welcome to TFP!

You should only feel successful if their testing is correct, and I doubt it is.

The borax you added also added to TA at least a little. The idea for reducing TA is to drop both pH & TA with acid and raise pH with aeration. When you chemically raise pH it also affects TA.

You really need your own accurate test kit.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon