So after a weekend of leveling the ground a day of filling I have erected an Intex metal frame pool.
The pool was filled with municipal water so chlorine measured zero and pH measured 7.4.
I'm guessing I should start with a shock of Cl? Then what? What supplies should I pick up and what do I need to do so the family can enjoy it this weekend?
Thank, in advance for any help. I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart guy but everything I come across always seems to be talking about adjusting levels or fixing a disaster pool. What do I do with an otherwise pretty clean looking body of water to keep it that way?
FYI - 48" x 15' Intex Ultraframe pool, est 4,400 gallons. I tested chlorine and pH (as mentioned above) and bought jars of 1" Cl tabs, pH up, and pH down, but am now thinking I don't have any way to use the tabs so maybe I should go with liquid chlorine.