Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool still cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1

Louisville, OH

New pool still cloudy water

This is a new pool setup, a Coleman (best way) 22'x52" deep frame pool. We're using the filter that was provided plus a solar heating pad (currently on bypass mode) and a salt water chlorinator. We added 240 lbs of salt and 1/2 a bag of HTH setup for saltwater pools. Everything was reading good yesterday except the salt was reading a bit low and the chlorine pad was not on the chart. The ph and alkalinity were perfect. I kicked on the SWG last night on boost mode and checked again this morning and it seems the alkalinity and ph and now a bit high. Oh, I also added a gallon of Clorox bleach because the water was really green within just a few hours of adding it. We added 2-3" of hard well water and the rest was hauled in by a water hauling company. I'm not sure if I should wait a bit or if I need to add something to clear up our water?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Kalamazoo MI

Re: New pool still cloudy water

I'd guess you've made some rust out of the iron in your pool water.

How are you testing? Do you have kit? If so which one?

Can you post a picture of the pool currently?
    30K? gal (20x40, 3ft shallow to 8-9ft hopper), Vinyl IG, single speed 1HP pump, Hayward Micro Clear DE-3600 filter, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG T15 Cell, Rheem/Raypack M206A heater