Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Store Antics.......wanted to share with you guys

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Store Antics.......wanted to share with you guys

I went to get some skimmer socks today and thought it would be interesting to see what there water test would say compared to mine(TF-100) just for fun of course.

So get this ...This store is trying to charge people for water test ,,,,$ 35.00 ......if you don't buy $ 50.00 worth of there pool magic potions I told them good luck with that and left....I found some skimmer socks at lowes for cheaper .....But am blown away by that pool stores trying to hook people up last year it was free so so maybe more people are learning the TFP way..... and its hitting them hard....HAHA I hope so!!! I don't think they like me since i don't buy there expensive chemicals ,just some skimmer socks once in awhile.......BOO HOO....
    13,995 gallons 24 X 52 / above ground pool.../.SWG/ sand filter/ vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool Store Antics.......wanted to share with you guys

I rather hope more stores go to that model. When a test kit costs as much as 2 in-store tests people might be a bit more open to getting one
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

But it is kinda sad that they feel entrapment is good business ......Maybe more people will start researching how to do it better and cheaper the TFP way. unfortunately some will pay that highway robbery. Sad

4. Back To Top    #4

Use disposable spun polypropylene hair nets instead of skimmer socks. You can get a box of 100 of them for $6 on Amazon. Way cheaper than skimmer socks and you can just toss them out instead of washing them.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

WOW.....thanks Joyful noise didn't know that... going to amazon now ...Thank you

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ncdamsel View Post
    WOW.....thanks Joyful noise didn't know that... going to amazon now ...Thank you
    You can thank Chiefwej , it was his idea...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

Alternatively, you can use regular nylon knee high stockings as well.
    J.R.

20K IG gunnite pool
    2HP Hayward single speed pump
    Cartridge filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Use disposable spun polypropylene hair nets instead of skimmer socks. You can get a box of 100 of them for $6 on Amazon. Way cheaper than skimmer socks and you can just toss them out instead of washing them.
    that's what I use thanks to this site....catching pollen like crazy!
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round Radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir. Sun all day, south side of house
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- Algae? --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

9. Back To Top    #9

just ordered disposable spun polypropylene hair nets 100 free shipping little less than $ 6.00 .....This is why I love everyone here at TFP

10. Back To Top    #10

Order a box as well...this site is greatness!
    13,500 gal in ground pool with pebble tec liner, intelliflow variable speed pump, cartridge filters, UV filter and solar heater.

11. Back To Top    #11

I had the same thing happen here is Upstate SC. They said that if the water was good that I would need to buy some chemicals equal to or pay $35.... even if I didnt need anything at the moment, I would eventually need them.... thats what I was told... haha. I said ok, and walked out.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

12. Back To Top    #12

IF they tested with a TF-100 kit, and sold bleach... I could see it being well worth the money to have it tested. for the lazy ones anyways... they would pay it.... but they would have to give good advice on top of it...... so yeah... Doubt that happens at any of them.... or waiting to hear about one that does.
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

13. Back To Top    #13

Just ordered me a box too!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

LOL bet amazon is wondering why hair nets was so popular today...

15. Back To Top    #15

Ordered a box too. $5.90. Free shipping.
    15k gallon AG. Sta-Rite System:2 PLM-100 DE filter. Hayward Power Flo LX Pump. TF-100 test kit. Nice and Blue thanks to TFP.

16. Back To Top    #16

^^^^^^
    Me too! 6 cents each, can't beat it. We are emptying the shelves, only 9 left
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Ncdamsel View Post
    LOL bet amazon is wondering why hair nets was so popular today...
    They know- the best seller is from a place called For Your Water. And one's on it's way here.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

18. Back To Top    #18

Fortunately my hair nets are free!
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

19. Back To Top    #19

Just got a text that my hair nets have shipped, but won't arrive until July 6th. Must be coming from Outer Mongolia!!!!!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

20. Back To Top    #20

If shipped via USPS very likely to arrive in a few days.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast