Need help installing heater and in-line SWG

Here are some pics of the current set up.

Our original plan was to stay with the BBB method; but after doing some research, DH likes the idea of the SWG. If I'm not mistaken, the SWG should go between the heater & pool (return) Yes?
Probably won't need the auto chlorinator any more?
Also, Hubby would like to install shut-off valves to each individual unit...Over-Kill or Good Idea?

Thanks in Advance for all suggestions :wave:

Yes, the SWG goes after the heater on the way to the pool.

You should remove the auto chlorinator.

Lots of shut off valves are overkill. I would have two valves, one on each of the lines going to the pool, to isolate the equipment from the pool if you need to. Other than that, extra shutoff valves don't really serve any purpose.

Thanks Jason.

I do have another question reguarding the heater. It's a Jandy Lite2 Natural Gas 125,000 BTU unit. The Manual states:

"The Lite2 LJ heater is specifically designed for heating fresh water swimming pools and spas. There is a specially designed model of Lite2 for heating salt water pools."

The model they are referring to cost 5 times more than this one. Is this a serious concern or a selling gimmick? If anyone out there is using this unit with a SWG, please let me know how things are working out.

Pool heaters designed for "salt water" are talking about ocean water, which has ten times the salt level that a SWG pool typically uses. A standard pool heater is fine for use with a SWG at salt levels between 2,000 and 5,000 ppm. Ocean water varies somewhat, but is typically around 35,000 ppm, and is much more corrosive than SWG water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.