New build starting in Sugar Land TX - super excited!

Tile and coping went on yesterday. Travertine coping, blue tile at waterline and a beige/blue stone tile on the raised beam. Looks cool!
The plumbers and electrician are supposed to show up next to complete the equipment connections, but looks like that will happen after the long weekend! :-(

Plumbing was completed today! The equipment all looks good! Different valve adjustments to run returns, scupper, bubblers or combinations.
Only question I have is......there seem to be a bunch of pipes crossing over each other in one place (see the pic attached). Is that ok? PB said they will be covered with the concrete deck, so it'll be fine.
Thanks.

G

I can't help you with the pipe question. Sorry.

The beige/blue stone tile is the perfect touch!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that! Such a perfect tie in of the waterline tile and coping. I can't wait to see to see the water falling on the wall. What is your plaster/finish color?

Thanks! Yes, we love that tile as well....the variations are JUST RIGHT!
We're getting the 60% quartz plaster. The PB said it should be a deeper blue than just the regular plaster and they can warranty it as well, because of the quartz. Hopefully it will all look good together.

G

I know NOTHING about plumping so take what I am going to say with a BLOCK of salt LOL

I would think about having something under the other side of the pipes going over just to make sure they were supported while the concrete is poured. How much pressure can the pipe take before it gives or cracks?

Kim:cat:

Yes, I checked with the PB. He said they will pour sand in to level anything and support the concrete. Then they will pour the concrete decking. So I guess the sand will sit underneath the pipes and prevent any movement. Does that seem right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, the electricians FINALLY showed up on Saturday after a LOOOOONG delay. They got the conduit laid and all the wiring connected, except for the electrical panel connections. Probably will come back for that today.
The deck layout is scheduled for this week, so hopefully they will get it poured and completed as well!

G

Hi Twinkiesmommy. I just reviewed your post as well. Your pool looks great! Hopefully we're both swimming in the next couple of weeks!
Decking guy came by yesterday for measurements. They are supposed to put in the deck forms today!

G

Hi Twinkiesmommy. I just reviewed your post as well. Your pool looks great! Hopefully we're both swimming in the next couple of weeks!
Decking guy came by yesterday for measurements. They are supposed to put in the deck forms today!

G

Woot woot! Getting rid of the dirt mess is awesome! I was so happy when they poured the deck. Still a lot of dirt but it helps a ton! We just got notified plaster is Thursday. [emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New build starting in Sugar Land TX - super excited!- Plastered today!!

The plaster was completed today! We got the 60% quartz and it came out really good!
It's filling now, very slooooooowly. PB said it should be done by tomorrow afternoon.
Looking forward to the first cannonball in the deep end!!
Will post pics when I'm at the computer tomorrow morning.

G

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.