Crystal Clear pools

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
A lot of posters describe their pools as crystal clear. I'm not sure what that is suppose to look like. In my mind I invision a colorless body of water that you can see clear to the bottom and throughout the entire pool. In my case, my pool is extremely clear but it always have a hint or shade of blue to it.

Would this shade of blue be caused by the plaster, which is white?

FC 4
CC 0
TC 4
TA 80
CH 350
CYA 70
Salt 3200

JasonLion said:
Clean water with the correct chlorine level will look blue. When it is especially clear it has a distinctive kind of sparkle to it.

Do you see this sparkle when the sun is reflecting off it with a bit of ripple in the water? Mine glistens when the sun is out and there is a bit of movement. But when its cloudy and still there is no shimmer.

I consider my pool crystal clear. The sun was out today when I shot this pic but the pump wasn't running so it's not shimmering like it usually would.

On bright sunny days, my pool shimmers so much, it blinds me!

Here's my pool shimmering on 4/28/09 with pump on. The legs are mine. :mrgreen:

One more and then I'll stop. I promise! What can I say, I love my water!!! :mrgreen:

Casey said:
I consider my pool crystal clear. The sun was out today when I shot this pic but the pump wasn't running so it's not shimmering like it usually would.

So without the ripples it doesn't shimmer quite the same. Phew! i thought i was going to now have to figure out why my pool doesn't shimmer when there are no ripples. lol

No. I don't think so. If it ripples, it shimmers but it didn't ripple in the first pic.

Wow!!! I feel I'm on the right track. We dropped a penny in the pool and was able to make out the letters. At night, with the light on, it was just amazing at how define the letters stood out. Your pools are absolutely beautiful. The leg too. :wink: Thanks for clearing it all up for me.

Casey said:

Here's my pool shimmering on 4/28/09 with pump on. The legs are mine. :mrgreen:

One more and then I'll stop. I promise! What can I say, I love my water!!! :mrgreen:

I would call this sparkley clear...The way it should be!

Thanks cubbybeave! 5 minutes a day unless you count sweep time. Then it's 30 minutes! :mrgreen: <I don't have an automatic sweeper, I push it myself cuz I like to!> :lol: 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cubbybeave08 said:
Casey said:
Thanks cubbybeave! 5 minutes a day unless you count sweep time. Then it's 30 minutes! :mrgreen: <I don't have an automatic sweeper, I push it myself cuz I like to!> :lol: 8)

I find that my auto vac doesn't quite get everything...I like to vaccume the bottom by hand too...This way i know I got everything.

We don't even own an auto vac. My son goes in with his flippers, mask and snorkel and does the cleaning manually....he LOVES it.... :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.