Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Show me your gray steps!

1. Back To Top    #1

Show me your gray steps!

Show me your gray steps! I'm getting an in ground vinyl liner pool and considering gray steps instead of the standard white ones, but would like to see what they look like installed with various liners. We think we want a dark liner but are also considering tan or light so was curious if gray steps would still work with other color liners besides the dark...so looking for pictures of a bit of everything--various gray step/liner combos! Thanks!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Show me your gray steps!

When I Googled vinyl liner gray steps I saw lots. I would get gray hands down. I also saw these cool steps in a brochure...lagoon free form steps in the bottom middle. http://lathampool.com/literature/Ste...sfp=3460175396
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's ours. I think the grey looks better with a darker liner but it's really personal preference. The rock on the top stair allows the various critters that fall in overnight to escape.

Lagoon 40x22, Vinyl, 27,000 gal, 1HP WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair 60 gpm Sand filter, Hayward Brominator (used for chlorine pucks only when away), Rheem gas heater, Dolphin M4 Robot
    Waterfall on separate dedicated pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks BobbyR! We have a choice between gray steps or a darker granite gray. I love your steps and how well it looks with the decking and the liner too--I think we'll go with the regular gray steps! Looks great!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

5. Back To Top    #5

Like the pool coping what kind of stone is it