Messed up

That is a good starting point............now comes the fine tuning.

Are you keeping a log of your test results? If not you need to start. I have a small note book I keep mine in. In the beginning I even made notes to big weather-full sun, big rain events, etc. This allowed me to see the patterns of my pool and environment.

Watch your PH close for the new few days. Is the PH stable for the most part? Does it jump up? fall down?

If your PH is stable then your TA if at a good spot. If you PH is not stable then adjust your TA down a bit. It will be a process to find what YOUR pool likes as far a TA and PH. TFP's recommended levels are just suggestions of the range they can be in. Each pool is SO different that it is best to see what that pool likes.

Let us know how it goes.

Kim:cat:

Ok. Well right now, my pH does vary, but I have had the water features and pump running 24/7 for a while. Also read some where on this forum that the first year the pH increases with a plaster pool. Did I read (or understand) that correctly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Absolutely the new plaster takes a while to cure and during that time the pH can be a bit labile and rise repeatedly. So you'll be using more MA during those early months but it should slow down in time. What that time is varies though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.