Pump gushing water..new pool owner

Jun 21, 2016
Arizona
Good Morning All,
Just bought an 18x48 Coleman pool. We noticed that when the water tubes fed the pump water, the tower/shaft would start to gush water out of the top. The output is open. The air purge valve is closed. When I turn the pump on, it would stop gushing and work normally. Tonight, we had a power outage and since the unit was off, it just started gushing.

The o ring and purge seal is there, but it is still gushing....

Any idea?

Could you post some pictures of the pump? I am not too familiar with what those look like. Has the pump ever been apart? Is this a new or used unit? did it have to be assembled when purchased?

Ive attached an image. Hope that worked. The pump came pre assembled and new with the pool box. It's space between the dark green ring and the grey dome that has water coming out before I turn on the pump. It works fine once the pump is on. The valve release nob (the little grey knob on top) makes no difference between open/closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.