16x32 Intex ultra frame construction

Jun 20, 2016
King NC
Hey guys been reading a lot of stuff here and have a few question abou my pool and construction process.
1. I know the main goal is to get it level. I used a water level but might double check with laser level.
2. I put sand down for the bottom but now I read about the foam sheets. Does this work well?
3. What size pavers do I use or treated wood and what layout do I use I would love to install these before the pool comes.
4. Do I need to wet my new prep area to help make it harder?

Hi, welcome to TFP!
1. Yes, you want it level within 1" all the way around, according to the manual.
2. Doesn't matter. A lot of people like them but it is extra work to install.
3. The larger, rectangular pools seem to need the pressure treated wood to support the rails, then tend to crack the patio pavers. You will need a nice thick piece of wood under each leg.
4. I would not wet the area down. Where I live it would make the soil less stable.

Hey guys been reading a lot of stuff here and have a few question abou my pool and construction process.
1. I know the main goal is to get it level. I used a water level but might double check with laser level. (long 2x4 with 4' level taped to it works well also)
2. I put sand down for the bottom but now I read about the foam sheets. Does this work well? (3/4" foam sheets are great with 0% chance of any washout like sand may do)
3. What size pavers do I use or treated wood and what layout do I use I would love to install these before the pool comes. (4x8x16 concrete blocks are great, much stronger than pavers and actually less expensive. Found in the masonry section)
4. Do I need to wet my new prep area to help make it harder? (Depends what your base is. If you are using any type of sand or stone aggregate for your base then you should wet the area and then mechanically compact. HOwever, like Zea3 stated, it could be dependent on your current soil conditions.)

See bold answers

If you use the extruded polystyrene sheets make sure to use 3 overlapping strips of gorilla tape on all seams. Anything less and the weight will push the sheets apart a bit and the resulting dips will collect dirt and debris. The voice of experience.:oops:

Welcome to TFP :)

These are the blocks, I just picked up 24 of them to replace all the 1 inch blocks that I originally went with, we have found several pools including mine that the 1 inch blocks broke under the pressure, these will not :)

Shop Cap Concrete Block (Common: 4-in x 8-in x 16-in; Actual: 3.625-in x 7.625-in x 15.625-in) at Lowes.com

I also used the 3/4 inch sheets, they are awesome to say the least, no footprints, soft on the feet.. use 3 strips of the extra strength gorilla tape on each piece :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.