Final stages of clearing my pool just can not get it clear

Jun 20, 2016
Brunswick
So I'm a new pool owner with the house I purchased about 2 years ago. I did not open the pool last year and let it sit covered and am now opening it. I'm in the final stages of clearing the water out. It's an 18ft above ground. Leslie's pool supply keeps selling me all these chemicals and nothing is working. I scrub it almost every day and still can't see the bottom. However the water is clear.
Fc 5
Ch 250
Ta 110
Ph 7.0 ( should be fixed just added chem)
Pho 100

Please help thank you to anyone who can

I'm not an expert but I can tell you this is the right place to get the correct advice for crystal clear water in your pool. First things first, please read the "Pool School" section of the this website. The "Getting Started" section will describe how to insert a signature panel in your posts with all the data about your pool. Additionally, you MUST read the "ABC's of Pool Chemistry".

I'm a bit confused because you state that "...still can't seem the bottom. However the water is clear." Those two statements don't make sense. If you cannot see the bottom, than the water IS NOT clear.

First things first, buy a good test kit and stop going to the pool store! The TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 kits are the ONLY recommended test kits. (I highly recommend the TF-100 as they guarantee fresh chemicals. Here's the website TFTestkits.net)

There will be other experts chiming in soon. Hang in there!

Welcome to TFP!

Without valid test results it is difficult to say why your pool is not clear. We do not trust pool store testing as it is generally poor on a good day. Generally icloudy water is because of organic growth in the water, but there can be other causes.

Tucsontico,has already explained about the recomended test kits. I will leave you with a little reading:

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

SLAM Process

Thank you both for responding. And i will look into that kit to see if I can get it local to speed up the process before I order it. And to clear up the confusion on what I meant. I can't see the bottom but the water is not algae green it's come along way from that and when the water is in the strainer it's clear from what I see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.