Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4th of July

1. Back To Top    #1

4th of July

We will be having a party - i looked everywhere to post this but nothing seemed to fit.

Anyway, the last time we had about 15, 20 teenagers in our pool, the water turned cloudy. I assume it was the sunscreen and lotions the kids had on.

I want to avoid that this year. is there anything we should do ahead of time?
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 4th of July

Some people like to adjust their FC to the upper limit of normal so that it doesn't dip below the minimum.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by DMS2014 View Post
    We will be having a party - i looked everywhere to post this but nothing seemed to fit.

Anyway, the last time we had about 15, 20 teenagers in our pool, the water turned cloudy. I assume it was the sunscreen and lotions the kids had on.

I want to avoid that this year. is there anything we should do ahead of time?
    With all that natural aeration going on you should have no problem provided you're balanced going in. It's when they leave you should get busy to set up for the day after.
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Old thread mentions scum bug and keeping FC at upper normal levelhttp://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...screen-in-pool
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

5. Back To Top    #5

I always raise FC 3 or 4 ppm above normal before a party or big swim day. Then test after and raise it again. Always ready for the next day.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

I've never even heard of a scum bag. I just know I didn't care for the cloudy water once they all got in and then the sheen....
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

It is a floating thingamajig that absorbs oils off the surface of the water. I think it is called a scum-ball.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

My last pool clouded up every time I had multiple guests but it wasn't a chlorine or lotion issue...it was a painted plaster
    and the paint was old....one of the best reasons never to paint a pool.

My advice would be to brush the walls and floors and vacuum daily to the days leading up to the 4th.

See how it looks after everyone's gone.

Amazon has the scum-bug for a good price last I checked.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.