Some Adjustments?

r4m

Jun 23, 2009
Louisville/ Ohio
Not too bad but was wondering if I should start lowering PH and TA?
I just added chlorine so it will actually be higher than what I recorded.
thanks

FC........3.5
CC........0
TC........3.5
PH........7.8
CH.......350
TA......140
CYA.....50

Not bad at all. :goodjob: TA & pH? ........ you could. Just focus more on the "consistency" of the pH though, holding better in the 7.5-7.8 zone, so that once you get TA where the pH doesn't rise too fast for your liking, then it's all good.

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Not bad at all. :goodjob: TA & pH? ........ you could. Just focus more on the "consistency" of the pH though, holding better in the 7.5-7.8 zone, so that once you get TA where the pH doesn't rise too fast for your liking, then it's all good.

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Right - wait a few weeks to get an idea of how your pH drifts over time, and adjust TA as appropriate to counteract the drift. There's no need to adjust TA just to get the number right. I've found, especially since I use a solar cover that's on almost all the time, having a slightly higher TA than recommended helps keep my pH more stable - I haven't had to adjust pH for a month.

Not too bad but was wondering if I should start lowering PH and TA?
I just added chlorine so it will actually be higher than what I recorded.
thanks

FC........3.5
CC........0
TC........3.5
PH........7.8
CH.......350
TA......140
CYA.....50
Looks good, but watch that FC. At 50ppm CYA, your minimum FC level is 4ppm, with a target of 6ppm.

At your next CL addition, go a few ppm higher so the next time you check you don't dip below min.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.