Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue Surf Pebblesheen cost more then Aqua Blue?? Southern California (ventura county)

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue Surf Pebblesheen cost more then Aqua Blue?? Southern California (ventura county)

I'm looking at either Blue Surf or Aqua Blue for our colors. PB just called and said that the Blue Surf is considered a category 2 so it would be $300.00 more then the aqua blue which is a category 1. This is a 2nd party that our backyard contractor uses. I asked what does the category mean. She couldn't really tell me, just that they are graded differently due to materials used, blah, blah, blah. Has anyone ever heard of this? Also, Anyone close to Simi Valley, California with a Aqua Blue or Blue Surf pool we can look at?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue Surf Pebblesheen cost more then Aqua Blue?? Southern California (ventura cou

Might depend on your region. My blue surf was level 1, not extra. But $300 is not that much more to get what you want. The PB is gonna get paid one way or another.

Oh... mine also gave us the shimmering sea. I would have paid a lot for it, now that I have seen it. HIGHLY recommended. Go double.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Blue Surf Pebblesheen cost more then Aqua Blue?? Southern California (ventura cou

I know that when I was looking at pebbletec products there are only two certified installers in our area, both located in San Fernando. Im in Woodland Hills. So you only have one other installer to compare it to.

O/B Woodland Hills, CA : O/B12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, 6' Baja deck, 42" spillway, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP booster spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls, (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquareQ360 infloor cleaning system, Eclipse drain, glass tiles, Zanzibar white pebble finish. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Same thing here, Blue Surf was level 2 and about $300 more. Not a big deal, but would be nice if no upgrade
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build