RamSam-New to pools!

RamSam

Jun 19, 2016
Augusta/Georgia
Hi!

My husband and I put up our first (used) 24 foot round AG this year. To say this is a learning experience is an understatement. Also a test of how well life partners can survive different google and you tube instructions, lol.

Our neighbors (we refer to them as our neighbor parents) offered to build a gate in the fence between our homes to encourage us to use their inground pool more frequently but I prefer my own backyard to relax. We are in our 50's and they are 80. They are awesome people who open their pool to all the families in the neighborhood.

Rambo and (Sam for Sandra, I know, I know....) are in our 50's and moved to Georgia from the Midwest to be near the children and grandchildren. The thought was to relocate somewhere warmer before retirement. And also explore a side of the country we never seemed to get to before.

I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist (hospital based Transfusion Service/Blood Bank) which explains why we are using the LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit. I could not stand the little strips and there were some disagreements within our little household regarding the color interpretation on the little Taylor pH/Chlorine dropper bottle tests. Being a scientist, I opted to use my Mother's Day gift card to Amazon to purchase this kit. I love it! I still think Ram needs to take a color blind test (he he).

I really love having so much information easily laid out and at our fingertips. The Pool Math is AWESOME. I am SLAM'ing at this time. Almost time to go out and add some more bleach and brush the pool. Who needs a dog to walk?! This is an amazing workout on it's own. Although I must admit, I prefer to brush and vacuum while IN the pool. Que sera!

Looking forward to accessing lots of lovely information as we go. Thank you so much!

RamSam (Ramazan and Sandra)