Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RamSam-New to pools!

1. Back To Top    #1

Post RamSam-New to pools!

My husband and I put up our first (used) 24 foot round AG this year. To say this is a learning experience is an understatement. Also a test of how well life partners can survive different google and you tube instructions, lol.

Our neighbors (we refer to them as our neighbor parents) offered to build a gate in the fence between our homes to encourage us to use their inground pool more frequently but I prefer my own backyard to relax. We are in our 50's and they are 80. They are awesome people who open their pool to all the families in the neighborhood.

Rambo and (Sam for Sandra, I know, I know....) are in our 50's and moved to Georgia from the Midwest to be near the children and grandchildren. The thought was to relocate somewhere warmer before retirement. And also explore a side of the country we never seemed to get to before.

I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist (hospital based Transfusion Service/Blood Bank) which explains why we are using the LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit. I could not stand the little strips and there were some disagreements within our little household regarding the color interpretation on the little Taylor pH/Chlorine dropper bottle tests. Being a scientist, I opted to use my Mother's Day gift card to Amazon to purchase this kit. I love it! I still think Ram needs to take a color blind test (he he).

I really love having so much information easily laid out and at our fingertips. The Pool Math is AWESOME. I am SLAM'ing at this time. Almost time to go out and add some more bleach and brush the pool. Who needs a dog to walk?! This is an amazing workout on it's own. Although I must admit, I prefer to brush and vacuum while IN the pool. Que sera!

Looking forward to accessing lots of lovely information as we go. Thank you so much!

RamSam (Ramazan and Sandra)
    24' round AG {13500 gal), Hayward 1.5 HP motor, Jacuzzi Sand Filter.
    Bought used and installed this year: 2016, LaMotte ColorQ Pro-7

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: RamSam-New to pools!

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool! +1 to brushing in the pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: RamSam-New to pools!

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.