Floor repair issues

Jul 10, 2014
Greenville, SC
We are in the process of having our vinyl liner replaced. Vinyl Works messed up one of the dimensions, and we are currently waiting on the second liner to arrive.

The folks that are doing the job for us left the half installed liner in our pool, which gave me a chance to peek underneath and inspect their poolcrete patching job, and it doesn't look right to me. It appears that the poolcrete was just slapped on and hardly smoothed out, and there are also pine needles and small stones under the liner. The steps (which aren't covered) are smeared with dirt/clay, like someone started to clean them off but didn't finish the job. Also, there are several 2 inch rust spots on the walls, and many smaller rust spots on the stairs. The installers said they are harmless.

I would like to arm myself with information before they come back to finish the job. Are all these things problems?

I would definitely tell them your thoughts on what you saw.

There shouldn't be ANY debris under the liner....they might have just left it that way until the new liner
is ready since more could end in it.

but bring it up before they install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.