Quick question regarding Skimmer installation with wall saver gasket

I have my pool 2/3 full and its time to install the skimmer and return port. I just notice that my skimmer came with a wall saver gasket. I really don't want to cut my liner before installing the skimmer, can I just put the wall saver gasket on the wall before cutting the liner and then bolt the skimmer together then cut the liner?

You've got the idea. That is exactly how it is done. The liner is cut last after all the screws in the skimmer plate are tightened. Be careful to not cut the edges of the gasket when cutting out the liner or it defeats the purpose of that type of gasket.

You can do it that, but it defeats the purpose of the butterfly gasket. I was nervous about cutting the liner to instal the skimmer but I filled to 3 inches below the skimmer cut and it really didn't pull and I didn't have issues with leaks etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.