Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick question regarding Skimmer installation with wall saver gasket

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick question regarding Skimmer installation with wall saver gasket

I have my pool 2/3 full and its time to install the skimmer and return port. I just notice that my skimmer came with a wall saver gasket. I really don't want to cut my liner before installing the skimmer, can I just put the wall saver gasket on the wall before cutting the liner and then bolt the skimmer together then cut the liner?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick question regarding Skimmer installation with wall saver gasket

You've got the idea. That is exactly how it is done. The liner is cut last after all the screws in the skimmer plate are tightened. Be careful to not cut the edges of the gasket when cutting out the liner or it defeats the purpose of that type of gasket.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quick question regarding Skimmer installation with wall saver gasket

You can do it that, but it defeats the purpose of the butterfly gasket. I was nervous about cutting the liner to instal the skimmer but I filled to 3 inches below the skimmer cut and it really didn't pull and I didn't have issues with leaks etc.
    My build 12000 gal AG (15x26x54"), Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed Ultra Pro pump, Hayward CC150CAN XStream Cartridge Filter, TF-100