Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    179

    What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

    So I'm in the habit of checking MSDS sheets now, thanks to the TFP. However in one case, it has me more confused. Natural Chemistry Metal Free shows 1% citric acid. What is the other 99%? I'm trying to determine if this is a HEDP sequestrant. They claim it is phosphate free, so that rules out phosphonic acid.

    https://media.nat.cm/filer_public/73...ds_-_jul14.pdf

    I have a bottle of this left over and would like to use it up this week.
    20K gallon vinyl inground pool, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, 1 HP pump, Taylor K-2006

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad YippeeSkippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia
    Posts
    6,459

    Re: What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

    Do you have metal stains in your pool?

    From what I can tell it is citric acid and if you use this you may be dealing with it eating up your chlorine for a while until it is gone. It claims to be a chelating agent which I interpret as a remover unlike a sequestrant which doesn't remove the metals just envelopes them in the water. How it works to remove them entirely I am curious...?

    Just found this in the stacks- Am I reading this right? Natural Chemistry Metal Free.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    179

    Re: What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

    Yes I am working through an issue with stains. So I don't think the Metal Free is just citric acid, at 1% it would be the worst product ever. They have a Stain Free product which is 100% citric acid. I have 3 lbs of that as well, and they are designed to work together.

    https://media.nat.cm/filer_public/3d...ds_-_oct14.pdf
    20K gallon vinyl inground pool, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, 1 HP pump, Taylor K-2006

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    179

    Re: What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

    Soooo I guess the MSDS only reveals the contents which might be dangerous. Active but harmless ingredients aren't listed, so you are back to guessing about those.
    20K gallon vinyl inground pool, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, 1 HP pump, Taylor K-2006

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •