Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua-Trol...no LED's, no LCD

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua-Trol...no LED's, no LCD

I have a Hayward Aqua-Trol (RJ for an above ground pool). Come home last week to find it was not running. No LED screen, no indicator lights.

I went through all the steps in the troubleshooing guide, eveything checks out until I check the power from the main board to the smaller

Verify 115-125 VAC at input terminal TB1. = OK
    Verify 20-24 VAC between yellow wires = OK
    Shut off power to the control box. Disconnect the blue, white, gray and violet wires from the main board and measure the following = OK
    Test for continuity of 20 amp slow blow fuse = OK
    Verify 18-33 VDC between black & red wires on main board = OK
    Reseat DSP Board = OK
    (Remove and/or reseat DSP board. Pins may be shorted together or not making contact with connector. If pins are good, check for 3 to 5 volts (DC) on pins 2 & 4, starting from the left. If DC voltage is correct, replace DSP board).

My issue is, I am only getting .44v to pins 2 & 4 (not the 3-5 spec). Is this an indication that something is wrong with the main PCB? I'm thinking without this voltage, the DSP board will not function, thus showing no lights/LED and no power to my 115v pump output) I have many threads about replacing the Varisitors, but i don't think this is my issue (not blown, and it is measuring 2.2 ohms resistance which is within mfg specs).

Any help would be appreciated! I hope i can get this resolved without a new board, or at least confirm it is the main board that needs replaced before going out and buying parts!
    24" above ground pool, vinyl liner. Black Diamond cartridge filter. 1HP Jaquzzi pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua-Trol...no LED's, no LCD

Bumping for assistance
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aqua-Trol...no LED's, no LCD

Thank you

24" above ground pool, vinyl liner. Black Diamond cartridge filter. 1HP Jaquzzi pump.