Aqua-Trol...no LED's, no LCD

NormF

May 5, 2015
Cheswick, PA
I have a Hayward Aqua-Trol (RJ for an above ground pool). Come home last week to find it was not running. No LED screen, no indicator lights.

I went through all the steps in the troubleshooing guide, eveything checks out until I check the power from the main board to the smaller

Verify 115-125 VAC at input terminal TB1. = OK
Verify 20-24 VAC between yellow wires = OK
Shut off power to the control box. Disconnect the blue, white, gray and violet wires from the main board and measure the following = OK
Test for continuity of 20 amp slow blow fuse = OK
Verify 18-33 VDC between black & red wires on main board = OK
Reseat DSP Board = OK
(Remove and/or reseat DSP board. Pins may be shorted together or not making contact with connector. If pins are good, check for 3 to 5 volts (DC) on pins 2 & 4, starting from the left. If DC voltage is correct, replace DSP board).

My issue is, I am only getting .44v to pins 2 & 4 (not the 3-5 spec). Is this an indication that something is wrong with the main PCB? I'm thinking without this voltage, the DSP board will not function, thus showing no lights/LED and no power to my 115v pump output) I have many threads about replacing the Varisitors, but i don't think this is my issue (not blown, and it is measuring 2.2 ohms resistance which is within mfg specs).

Any help would be appreciated! I hope i can get this resolved without a new board, or at least confirm it is the main board that needs replaced before going out and buying parts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.