I am having an issue with a lot of sand and fine dirt coming in through the return. Here's the history/background:
- Problem was happening last year - thought it was a broken lateral and decided to change laterals and sand upon opening in spring.
- Hired pool service to change laterals & sand. They did not buy the correct laterals, so inspected carefully and only changed sand. They said all laterals looked fine.
- Floor still collecting a lot of stuff after opening, but spring pollen / tree debris / made it difficult to say for sure if problem persisted.
- Purchased new Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner. LOVE IT!
- After running the Dolphin 1st time, pool was immaculate. 10 minutes after filter started up, floor was a mess again.
- Ran the Dolphin again, then ran the pool on "recirculate". Same problem, the floor was a mess after 10 minutes.
- The residue in the Dolphin cartridges is a mix of half sand / half fine dirt and tree debris.
- Opened the multiport, the spider gasket looks ok (I changed it last year).
The presence of sand in the robot cartridge means that it must be coming from the filter. But the problem is happening even when on recirculate.
The fine "dirt" that collects in areas of the floor "poufs" when brushed or touched. Could this be dead algae? Where is it coming from?
I've been reading these forums for the past 3 years, and you have all been so very informative. Any insight you can offer on this problem is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance...