attaching steps to deck?

Mar 6, 2008
how do you guys (and ladies) attach your steps to the deck? my step attachment pieces are about 6" from the top of the pool to the deck. what do you use and do you have any pics of the setup so i can kinda visualize it or make up an idea of how to attach it? thanks.

What kind of steps do you have? Our Biltmores came with the "extension" pieces that go out 90 degrees from the step rails about 18" - you adjust up or down to the deck height. The piece you see them attached to is actually one of the hinged pieces we have all along the edge of the deck - they flip backwards towards the deck so we can get to the rail area for maintenance if needed

Attachments

• deck7.JPG
    deck7.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 580
I have Wedding Cake Steps. Here are my pics.

Please, ignore my HUGE dirt pile in the middle of the pool! I'm so embarrassed! :oops:

Also, ignore that nasty old leaf! :oops: As far as that blue nylon rope, as many weights as I put in my steps, it still pulls away from the wall and I don't like that, especially with 2-7 kids in the pool at any given time. They never stay off the steps and even if they did, they aways drifted away so ds gave me the idea and I must say, I should have thought of it sooner! It's tied off to a support post under neath the deck. 8) It hasn't budged since I did it so it works for us!!!!

my steps are similar to the biltmore steps. my only regret was building the deck so it sits about a few inches from the top rail. last year i used 4x4 posts cut about a foot and attach it to the deck, however it never really look right. i have even thought about sliding them under the top rail but it will be a hassle when it comes to taking the ladder out for winterizing. however i might try that string trick to keep my steps from wandering around. only if i figure out how to keep my float thermometer from getting behind the steps without tethering it. i like to see my polar bear and shark "swimming".

I have a shark but he's theathered for the kids saftey. :twisted: :mrgreen: You can see him in the first pic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.