Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi From Ga

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi From Ga

Hi folks. Getting a 21'x52" doughboy above ground installed Thursday. Everytime I research maintenance I come across this site so I decided to register. As Im sure I will have a question at some point. I have owned a 15"x42" intex with a salt system in the past and this is a new pool with chlorine I am getting installed. I was told DoughBoy voids the warranty when a SWG is applied?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi From Ga

We were told something similar. If we wanted salt, we had to go with a fiberglass shell. Ended up just going with chlorine. What kind of latter/steps did you order? Going to build a deck?
    TF-100 | 13.6k gal (24' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | Two Speed Motor | Installed June 2014 | Last Opened April 24 2016

3. Back To Top    #3

I am a deck builder part time...have built up around Smyrna, Marietta. So yes, I do plan to build a deck. They are giving us loaners that come with a $200 credit once returned towards new ones. So by then, I intend to have the deck built so I can get some meant for pools w/ decks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice! You will have to post some pictures when everything is setup.
    TF-100 | 13.6k gal (24' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | Two Speed Motor | Installed June 2014 | Last Opened April 24 2016

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.