Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a table in your pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do you have a table in your pool?

Do you have a built in table in your pool? We have one going in ours and PB told us they would finish it with our 6" waterline tiles. We're okay with that (we think) but can't find an example anywhere. Our PB doesn't even have an example because all the ones they've done have mosaics on them.

Do you have any pictures you can share so we can get ideas? TIA!!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do you have a table in your pool?

We have a table but the top is sealed travertine. I can't picture how 6" tiles would look.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    We have a table but the top is sealed travertine. I can't picture how 6" tiles would look.
    Can you post a picture please in case we decide to ask our PB to change it? I'm having trouble picturing it too.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

Some ideas -- you can play around and find more:

in ground pool table - Google Search
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Some ideas -- you can play around and find more:

in ground pool table - Google Search
    Thanks Gwegan! I've done a gazillion searches with different terms and after the first 10-15 pictures (only one of which is tile) it starts showing pictures of billiard tables.

6. Back To Top    #6

Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post
    Can you post a picture please in case we decide to ask our PB to change it? I'm having trouble picturing it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is one from when we were building and right after we filled it

Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

8. Back To Top    #8

Here is one from when we were building and right after we filled it

Thank you!! How did they do the star?

9. Back To Top    #9

An in-ground pool pool table is something I could really get behind

50,000 gallon plaster in-ground salt pool with two 60 sq ft DE filters, two Intellichlor IC60 SWGs, two Intelliflo VS pumps, two Whisperflo pumps, two Pentair 400K BTU NG heaters, PCC2000 in-floor cleaning system...two everything.

10. Back To Top    #10

We have a gunite one in our spa with a fountain coming out of the middle-wasn't sure how I'd like it (pool was built when we moved in) but we enjoy it. The fountain is quite nice too
    30,000 gallon gunite swg, 3HP VSP, Pentair TA-100D, 8' spa w table/water feature, waterfall and PCC 2000 infloor

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmommy2009 View Post
    Thank you!! How did they do the star?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're welcome! My father in law actually made us the table. It's sandblasted using a machine. Go to a granite yard and ask them if they can make you one. I bet they can.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    We have a gunite one in our spa with a fountain coming out of the middle-wasn't sure how I'd like it (pool was built when we moved in) but we enjoy it. The fountain is quite nice too
    Oh wow, that sounds neat. Do you have a picture?

13. Back To Top    #13

they used the water line tiles on ours but ours is subway tiles, we have left over step tile markers so they used that too... they did one row of water line tile and the other of the step marker tile... I will try to get you a better pic today but here is my build.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...rland-TX/page4
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by ap2002 View Post
    they used the water line tiles on ours but ours is subway tiles, we have left over step tile markers so they used that too... they did one row of water line tile and the other of the step marker tile... I will try to get you a better pic today but here is my build.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...rland-TX/page4
    I'll check it out and watch for your picture!

15. Back To Top    #15

So what did you decide on your table?

16. Back To Top    #16

So what did you decide on your table?
    We didn't yet. I've only found one picture on Google (below) and that's it. I sent it to my PB and asked if that's what it would look like and she answered back that she could tell them to make it look like that. Sigh. I don't think she knew what it would look like, lol. They usually do a mosaic but when I asked what it would be done in she said the 6" waterline tiles. I guess mosaic is an upgrade and she didn't offer it. At this point I don't want to delay anything by having to go pick something out. What do you think of it?
    But in our tile:

17. Back To Top    #17

I think it will look nice. I actually like that better than a mosaic in smaller tiles. They can look busy. Can't wait to see it all finished!!

18. Back To Top    #18

Here is ours, travertine top, subway waterline tile and two roles of the step marker tiles on bottom

2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

I'll suggest that the table top is a huge centerpiece and will draw everyone's eyes to it, including yours. A delay would be well worth it to me to get make sure I had the right selection made for it. A delay in the grand scheme of things will be all but forgotten. A regret on the table top surface will not be so easily dismissed.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

20. Back To Top    #20

Those look good!

How cool would it be to have a colored led light under the table pointing down.

Then a umbrella with soft white light illuminating the table top.

Here is some neat tables:
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/sites/de...wim-up-bar.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...c15c4ce775.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast