Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Numerous items to purchase

1. Back To Top    #1

Numerous items to purchase

Hi everyone, I recently bought a house with a pool. The previous owner relied on a pool guy who did really bad maintenance and hence the water was so improperly imbalanced that I had to get some RO done on it.

Because the previous owner did no pool maintenance, I am missing a lot of typical pool equipment.

I was looking to purchase the following:

weir
    vacuum head
    vacuum hose
    skimmer net
    "solar" cover
    solar cover reel
    automatic cleaner
    thermometer
    and anything else I'm missing

Do you guys know where I can buy all of these for a reasonable price? I was surprised to find almost all these items on walmart.com and was thinking of going that route, although some reviews have stated some of the items are of inferior quality. I also LOVE this website, so if it benefits the site if I visited some of their sponsors, I'd be happy to as well. The bottom line is I want to try to save money because the rest of my house requires so many upgrades. I refuse to go to some of my local pool stores because they seem to have inflated prices.

thanks everyone!
    16,250 Gallons, IG Plaster; Pentair Clean & Clear CC100 Cartridge Filter with WhisperFlo Pump;
    Pool install 1980's; TF-100 Test Kit; Stage 2 California drought restrictions

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Numerous items to purchase

I've found that Amazon does seem to have competitive prices. The best deal though is if you are an Amazon Prime member. That way you get free shipping on many items. You can also read product reviews and ask others question on items. Might be worth checking them out.
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm an Amazon prime member but INYO pools has awesome customer support so I try to use them as much as possible. Helped me buy a pump, motor, slide, automatic cleaner this year.

Alot of the stuff on your list though is readily available for comparable prices locally.

I wouldn't think in Cali, you'd need solar anything.

Ryan
    ~33000 gallon, IG, vinyl pool, 3 1/2 foot shallow with ~10 foot diving well built ~1985. Old Hayward side mount sand filter, with new Hayward Multiport SPX0710X32 replaced 5/2016. Pump and Motor replaced 5/2016 with Pentair WhisperFlo 3/4 HP Fluid End pump (WFE-3 part# 075452 Inyopools) and Century Centurion 3/4 HP motor, B2847. Leslie's simple test kit / taking sample to Leslie's, New Dolphin pool cleaner, No well, No Water restrictions

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post

Ryan
    Depends on where in CA. I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay area and every pool I've been in without some kind of heat source was very cold. On a recent visit last September my friend's full sun all day pool was only 68 degrees.

Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post

This solar cover request is from the wife. She wants the water to be like a bathtub hahaha.
    16,250 Gallons, IG Plaster; Pentair Clean & Clear CC100 Cartridge Filter with WhisperFlo Pump;
    Pool install 1980's; TF-100 Test Kit; Stage 2 California drought restrictions