Mar 23, 2016
El Paso, IL
I've read so much about water chemistry that I'm confused! I have 26k gallon above ground pool. Worked for days to lower TA which was 240. Mainly cause our well water registered 520!! Now am at 130 ppm TA and 6.8 pH. My ? is can I "shock" pool now? I'd love to see the bottom to get rest of debris out. Thanks for any help...

We don't "shock" pools here to clear them up. We use a SLAM method which is more precise and only puts into the water that which is needed. SLAM Process

You need to first address that low pH- it could be far lower than 6.8 and that will seriously age your vinyl badly and is harsh on the equipment. Get it up to 7.2 using PoolMath to advise you.

Then you need to get all the debris out you can scoop and have one of the two test kits we trust -The TF-100 is probably your better bet for a pool your size. It will give you more of what you need to clear up the water. Link in my siggy line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.