Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I'm probably going to do some more research if/when I pull the plug on getting a new robot. I checked with Doheny customer care, and got the following information:

• To return for full refund, the item must be in new and unused condition and must be returned within 14 days.
  • If the reason for return is simply one of dissatisfaction with the product, then I'd be the one responsible for returning the item, and covering associated shipping costs.
  • Warranty is 24 months on motor and drivers only, not wearables..
  • Warranty claims would be thru Maytronics.

And I'm not saying the above list is unreasonable...it's just that, if the robot circles the main drains in my pool for an unreasonable amount of time, it appears to me that the return would be on me, and that there would be a restocking fee since I would not be returning it in new/unused condition.

I'm going to see what the return policy from a local pool store would be for the same item.

I have been using my robot (we named him Wall-E) since I received him last week. I'm still undecided as to whether or not he does a "great" job. I think he does ok. My water has always been clear but we have had quite a bit of dust and dirt in the bottom of the pool that I was unable to filter out or vacuum completely (solely due to lack of time and not being very good at it). It took Wall-E about 6 or 8 cycles for the filter to look less dirty that the first 2-3 runs. The basket has never had much debris in it as we don't (or haven't yet) get much debris in the pool except grass clippings twice/wk (once from the nursing home and once from our careless lawn guy) and a few random leaves from the neighbors. Although the filters had a lot of dirt in them, I don't believe Wall-E travels the whole pool. I haven't had the time to sit out there for his entire cycle, but whenever I look, he appears to be traveling the same areas, and he rarely travels in a straight line. I now drop him in a different area each time I run him to see if that helps. I'm going to keep him mainly because I don't want to hassle with sending him back and trying to see if another model will be better. He was inexpensive enough to be satisfied for now, and, if he lasts a couple/few years that would be great.

Now, a question about the caddy-

My caddy arrived a few days ago and I finally had the time to assemble it. Easy enough. Looks great. When I went to put the power pad on the caddy I discovered I don't have any of the necessary pieces/parts for it to slide into that slot. Am I missing something or do I need to purchase something?

Edit to say I guess I have the wrong caddy. Model number is just slightly off and I didn't catch it. One of many purchases that have to be returned...

As a person with a dirty pool, LOTS of trees, varmints, dogs, people and kids in my pool. I would be willing to place a small wager that nobody out there gets more stuff in their pool than I do. I have full skimmer baskets twice a day right now. Check my build thread below to see that my pool resides "in the woods". Compared to the Pentair Legend pressure cleaner I used for 3+ years this robot is light years ahead of that. It is also light years ahead of me brushing weekly-ish and scooping stuff out of the pool daily. There might be better robots or cleaners out there but I bet they cost a lot more money, like $1000+.

I have read your thread and enjoyed looking at your gorgeous pool and surroundings many times! You have a beautiful, tranquil setting for sure! I have no doubt that he does fabulous with the debris and dirt you deal with, it was your stellar recommendation along with others that convinced me o save some $$ and buy him. I'm pretty weary of spending right now and working OT to pay for it ;)
I guess what I mean is that he is cleaning the dirt out, it just took many more runs than I expected and I am unsure as to the coverage he is getting. However, I am keeping him. I have become attached to our little guy but he is certainly getting a workout!
I wonder if there is an avg lifespan/run hours for him? I may use him up quicker than the average as I am running him 2 cycles every time and the filter is dirty each cycle.

Is is it expected that since my plaster is less than 60days old that I would be seeing some bead/pebble loss with each cycle? Not a ton but, anywhere from a dime to a quarter sized amount.

How many times a day are you guys running it? I'm running it once a day and the pool still looks pretty dirty after one cycle. I'm concerned about suction too. I'll watch it go over a section of the pool that will remain dirty. I can follow behind it with my pool brush and easily agitate the dirt it leaves behind. I've been running it with the finer filter because I've been more concerned with dirt than larger debris lately. Are you guys manually vacuuming between runs? I'm still brushing a couple of times a week and feel like I may need to start manually vacuuming again too.

edit: just ran 3 times and it looks a lot better. Hoping I just need to increase frequency of runs for a bit.

I would agree that two hours is not long enough. That's the one thing I wish was changeable. Since there's only one time cycle, I wish it was three or even four hours. Two hours does not get it in my pool. I always have to run mine at least twice. Not a big deal, just have to push the button again, but I do wish it ran longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running mine pretty much every other day for one cycle. The pool is noticeably cleaner. As with most things TFP just when you thought your pool looked great it gets even better. I also still brush the sun shelf, benches and steps. Another note, the trees are in drop mode so I am back to running the pump 24x7 to keep the leaves and junk skimmed and off the bottom.

I'm seeing a lot more of what appears to be dirt lining the walls and floor of the pool than I used to. I had been chalking it up to the robot underperforming the Polaris we had. Keep in mind we have had the pool for 2 months only and saw the Polaris at work for only a month. We are definitely battling the learning curve here! I hadn't considered much the added variable of seasonal differences and wonder now if what I'm seeing is related to what the trees are dropping? I'm going to play with my filter run a bit too and see if that helps.

One things for sure, when it comes to the walls, steps and other platforms of your pool, this robot will not eliminate the need for brushing. I don't think any robot will. Overall I'm happy, and do not regret buying this robot at all. But it's not going to completely eliminate other maintenance by no means. I don't think they are intended to. There is no doubt that it picks up fine particles that you normally would not see, that was very evident on the first run I made with it. My only complaint, which is not that big a deal at least for me, is the short run cycle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Right. None of the robots do a good job if any, at cleaning platforms and steps. The surface area / water levels of them are just not sufficient for a robot to get around.

The discovery will climb the wall, but it really wasn't designed to clean the whole things. Most all of the robots at this price point do the same.

One things for sure, when it comes to the walls, steps and other platforms of your pool, this robot will not eliminate the need for brushing

Can anyone tell me if the discovery has a timer option? The instructions are not very clear. I know you can hit the power button three times and get three different LED lights but I'm not sure if it's functional. If it is, the way I read it if you just press it once it should run once every day automatically? Can anybody confirm this?

Can anyone tell me if the discovery has a timer option? The instructions are not very clear. I know you can hit the power button three times and get three different LED lights but I'm not sure if it's functional. If it is, the way I read it if you just press it once it should run once every day automatically? Can anybody confirm this?

I can confirm. There are three settings: once a day (1), once every four days (2), or once every three days (3). I use setting 1 on mine and it comes on once a day without fail.

Thank you, I just wanted to confirm, I appreciate the reply.[emoji106]

As a side note.. that daily timer function didn't work after I replaced the power supply. I had to actually download the MyDolphin App and pair the phone with the power supply to get it to work again. So, the cleaner will pair, but you do not get any functions with the app, besides downloading specific model features into the unit itself.

Couple of questions from an Australian perspective :)

Anyone that has this...does it have a dual 110/240V power supply?
What online stores sell these and ship international? The prices listed here are well under half of what we pay for these here even with conversion.

Cheers

F

Best I know, this model is available exclusively from Doheny's at doheny.com. I don't know if it can ship internationally or is available in 240v. It is nearly half the price I pod comparable robots in the US also. Thought it was a very good price for a very good product.

Well looks like all of you have IGP"s Like to say something about AGP . After 24 years finally got a robotic cleaner. It"s a Dolphin S50. Highly selective "doesn"t do walls"
Just bought prior to closing, used it twice and can't figure why I didn't get one before this? Found out today that I am able to get a caddy for it, same as the 300, but part number is different. For those that interested it's 9996087-assy. According to Maytronics this has an adapter for the S50 power supply. Just ordered today so don't know if it going to work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.